I am quite unsatisfied with the result of myself giving away rank to certain individuals before they have truly showed commitment and dedication in their training. Signs of early corruption in the ranking system are already very apparent. Certain individuals have been asked to return their badges but they have not been returned. People feel a sense of ownership over the badge because they paid a fee. This already corrupts what the badge is meant to represent. This leads me to make more corrections in the ranking system for the future.
Fees for badges and apparel will be doubled for all newly ranked Todai’s in the future and will no longer be expected to be returned. The main source of determination on whether or not a Todai is officially ranked will be the use of the FMK website. Those who possess the badge does not necessarily mean they are active and official, as already it is clear that when an individual decides to discontinue their training, there is a high probability that the badge and apparel will not be returned, therefore these countermeasures will be put into effect to deter individuals from achieving rank who do not truly wish to represent the school.
Here is a list of the new changes:
1) A minimum of 1 year of training at FMK before a Todai can be ranked
2) A Todai must train a minimum of once per week unless the absence is approved by Shi zu.
3) Effort must be placed in the part of the Todai to communicate and get to know ranked Todai’s in the kwoon.
4) The Todai that wishes to be ranked must have his rank approved by those who are currently ranked.
5) Fees for newly ranked Todai’s will be doubled for apparel and badges.
With these countermeasures put into place, it shall decrease the chances of the FMK ranking structure from becoming corrupted.