Here is the best documentary series that I have ever seen about the Second World War. The 6 part series "Apocalypse: The Second World War", will provide one with a good understanding and knowledge the of the major battles and events of World War 2 from 1939 to 1945.
I am sharing this documentary series with you for educational purposes. I am sharing it with you to raise an awareness of war. It has already been 100 years since the beginning of the First World War. And it has been 75 years since the beginning of the Second World War. The number of people who lived through the largest war in the history of humanity is decreasing. It is therefor important that we always remember the negativity that war brings to everybody. By having this awareness, I sincerely hope that in my lifetime and in the lives of future generations to come, no one will ever have to make a documentary about a Third World War. This is why we study history. To discover why the world is the way it is and to learn from the mistakes and successes from those before us.
1. Aggression (1933–1939): rise of Nazism and campaign of Poland, Phoney war:
2. Crushing Defeat (1939–1940): fall of Dunkirk and Campaign of France, Battle of Britain:
3. Shock (1940–1941): the Desert War, Invasion of Yugoslavia, Battle of Greece and Battle of Crete, Operation Barbarossa, Battle of Smolensk and Battle of Moscow:
4. World Ablaze (1941–1942): Pearl Harbor, Midway and Guadalcanal, Operation Fall Blau:
5. The Great Landings/The Noose (1942–1943): first failures of the Axis, Battle of Stalingrad, El Alamein, Operation Torch, Tunisia, Kursk and Italian campaign:
6. Inferno (1944–1945): liberation of France, invasion of Germany, surrender of Germany, atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and surrender of Japan:
* This documentary series is rated M in accordance to the Australian classification standards due to Adult Themes, War Footage, Sexual References and Nudity.